Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The garden that wasn't...

So I tried my hand at starting seeds for a veggie garden this year. I started some seeds in a mini greenhouse on my table in March. The little sprouts took off like crazy, and I was super excited to get some delicious home grown vegetables out in the yard. I was working on plans for a square foot garden even! My zucchini sprouts started pushing the lid off the greenhouse within a few weeks, so I repotted them, and put the lid back on the rest, praying it would be about time to get them outside pretty quick.
Sadly we had some crazy late winter weather and my poor little sprouts died off before I could get them outside.
With a few seeds left in my packets I bought new peat starter pods and replanted a few things....only to have them blown around the yard by a darn wind storm when I was out and about one evening.
I have now come to the conclusion that I am not a gardener...I can grow flowers, but vegetables are NOT my thing.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Don't feel bad. I can't grow anything either...