Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life lessons

Life is fun, random, hard, crazy, hectic, happy, heart wrenching, joyful.

 Friends are hard to come by, and I don't mean regular friends, I mean true blue, stand by me, tell you like it is when our breath stinks, when your kids are being butts, and hug you tight when you are having a bad day and they don't even have to ask what's wrong.  I have had the great blessing to have exactly 4 of these friends in my lifetime, and even though we are all (mostly) half a world away from each other I know that if I need one of them, they are there. Or even if we don't talk to each ther for 6 months, we can pick up right where we left off!

I am trying to teach C about friendships, and about being kind and polite to people you just don't get along with, just for the sake of prosperity. Sometimes in life there are people who are nice it you just don't care for, whether for something they've said or done, or just because they give u a bad vibe.  If this is a co-worker, for example, you still have to be around this person, and it's not acceptable to be mean or rude to them, you just have to suck it up and smile and be polite.

It's not easy, but as I am teaching C, life isn't easy, but it is always worth the effort, because I believe that Karma is real, and what goes around comes around.

Peace

No comments: